ClearBlu specializes in aerobic digestion for primary treatment of wastewater. Historically, aerobic digestion has not normally been used for high strength wastewater treatment since the aerobic reaction has variable effects based upon feed rates, variations in feed material, temperature fluctuations, etc. Yet aerobic digestion can be much more complete than anaerobic digestion and far more efficient than using MBR or SBR technology. Continuous flow aerobic digestion has a number of powerful benefits:
- Continuous flow. The process allows for continuous flow of wastewater and does not limit the operator to batch sequencing or require constant observation and maintenance.
- No odor. Many methodologies can produce undesirable odors. Functioning aerobic systems have no offensive odors.
- Low maintenance. Aerobic systems do not require full time operators.
- No sludge. Aerobic systems are capable of complete digestion. Activated sludge is really just undigested organic waste.
- Variable form factors. Aerobic digestion can work in ponds, tanks, or biodigesters, depending upon available real estate for treatment.
- Lower capital cost. Aerobic digestion systems are always lower in capital cost than other technologies.