With ClearBlu technology, wineries can:
- Reduce energy consumption by up to 70%
- Obtain a utility rebate for lowering energy use
- Reduce treatment time from months to days
- Reduce BOD and TSS by up to 95%
- Avoid dredging costs and solids removal procedures by digesting existing sludge
- Prevent new organic sludge buildup in your ponds and tanks
- Lower maintenance costs and eliminate daily and weekly maintenance
Our systems help clients save money and reduce their environmental impact through energy conservation and the elimination of chemicals. These systems help our clients to be confident that their wastewater is within compliance regulations without daily maintenance. Our systems help to reduce or eliminate the need for expensive pond dredging. Additionally, with water reclamation becoming ever more important in California, we strive to enable our clients to recycle water in a timely and effective manner.
Our systems are applicable to any size winery. We build completely new systems as well as retrofit existing systems. Browse through our winery case studies below:
- Bergfeld Vineyard: Wastewater Pond Aeration
- Castoro Cellars: Wedge Wire Waterfall Screens
- Conn Creek Winery: Bubble Surface Aerator Installation
- Daou Vineyard & Winery: Custom Wastewater Treatment System
- Jordan Creek Winery: Aeration System Evaluation & Replacement
- Scheid Vineyards: Bubble Surface Aerator Installation
ClearBlu installs the most effective winery wastewater treatment systems available. We are a design/build contractor. Utilizing biodigester technology, our capital costs for systems are significantly lower than other systems. Why? Because we are not utilizing municipal wastewater system technology to treat winery waste. They represent two different problems.
Winery wastewater contains sugars and grape organics. This narrow profile means that it is easier to treat. Typically engineering firms will spend 10’s or 100’s of thousands of dollars designing systems that are overly complex, very costly to install, difficult to operate and expensive to maintain. By focusing on the content of the waste stream, ClearBlu installs systems with much smaller footprints. If ponds are utilized, less than 24% of the acreage engineers require will be needed. We eliminate chemical usage by eliminating DAF and SAF systems.
- Lift stations
- Automatic pH balancing systems
- Solids Screening systems
- Ultrafine Bubble pond aeration
- Final stage filtration
- Ozone sterilization
- Irrigation pond algae control
ClearBlu employs floating ultrafine bubble technology that generates sub 20-micron bubbles. The bubbles are so fine that the surface tension of tank or pond water overcomes the buoyancy of the bubble and it can be pushed to the bottom of a tank or pond. At the same time, they operate at 20 to 30% of the power required for other aerators and blowers. In fact, when we retrofit systems we customarily obtain utility rebates.
In confined areas without ponds, treatment can be accomplished with the use of tanks and biodigesters. 30 to 60 day holding times? Never. We can effectively reduce BOD and suspended solids from 12 to 36 hours. Huge pondage or holding tanks are no longer required.
See our work with other wineries on their unique wastewater treatment systems on our Case Studies page.